2009-06-05

Project B: Video for YouTube

This is my YouTube video about YouTube,



Now I really got into this assignment, unfortunately maybe I got to into it and It went for 9:26 minutes. The crazy thing is that my first attempt went for 21 minutes, so it's an improvement. Now, I choose to do a sociological critique of Youtube. Because Youtube gives the ability for people of all demographics and cultures to converge, comment and share their opinions on all kinds of video data. It gives us access to moments in history, amazing images and videos such as close up animal documentaries and a wide variety of entertainment jus to name some of the things Youtube offers. The thing I found fascinating, with over a million people using it per day and all the different demographics of people that use it. This is the most popular videos as viewed my our 'new media culture'.

1. Evolution of Dance: 121,068,126 views
2. Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend: 120,016,435 views
3. CANSEI DE SER SEXY Music is My Hot Hot Sex: 114,281,553 views
4. XXX PORN XXX: 107,724,928 views
5. Lezberado: Revenge Fantasies: 104,500,164 views

Almost sad I find, thinking about how far we have come. And looking at how amazing Youtube is, these are the top 5 things we use it for. It reallysays something about how "civilized" we are as a society.

I've talked about this with some of my friends, and common criticisms I received for this idea is that a under 30 demographic is the main demographic that use Youtube. But in 2006, it was reported that 100 million people use Youtube, and logic an odds say that there is going to be people of all ages, education and cultures use this. So really, it doesn't matter if we think that younger people use it, Youtube is primarily used for these things. Anyway, I found this interesting never the less.

over and out

0 comments:

Post a Comment