The biggest thing I have learnt from this unit I feel is the sheer amount of data available to me no the internet. And not only the amount but the way its presented. Long gone are the days of just reading a journal article, online paper or just a word based website to get your information. No, now we can view our data as an interactive image. Either with graphs, or videos or interactive visualizations, etc we are lucky enough to get our data in forms that we would not have access to 5 years ago. Below I'll attach some examples
40 Useful Infographics
This information page is presented in an appealing and exciting manner. These are all simple facts that could be presented in bullet point form, but intertwining them with fun pictures makes it more appealing to an audience and I know personally I prefer to learn like this.
What New Yorkers Like and Dislike about their City
The information here is presented really creatively, its a simple data graph but mixing it with flash makes it instantly more attractive and almost fun to navigate
Kayne West CGI
This last video is amazing and shows us how far technology has really advanced. They have created a human (in this case Kayne West the popular rap/rnb singer) and turned him into a CGI image. This to me is a perfect example of how far we have come in manipulating data. We can turn a human being into a virtual character.
This is just a few examples of the visual information that is everywhere, so don't just sit and stare. Get out there and have a play. Trust me it will make your day
2009-05-11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment