2009-04-18

I hate concepts, Ignorance is bliss

I now realise I hate concepts, jargon and terms used to define things especially when it comes to internet technology. HTML to API, considering this new web 2.0 with the new forms of data visualation. I have now become a further believer of the old adage, ignorance is bliss. This blog post was going to be originally about multiplicity, but instead I've decided to can my speal on something I don't fully understand. Because really most likely I was just going to write maybe 100 words, hopefully more on a vague outline of what it is. Making it so ambiguous so I couldn't possibly be wrong. Attach a video as a further explanation or example and wham bamm thank you mam I am done.

Instead I decide to have a good old fashioned rant so maybe you (as the reader and marker) can learn more about me and hopefully breakout from these monotonousness blog postings. Firstly, how do you guys mark this. This must get so tedious, blog after blog after blog. All trying to be an individual, stand out yet still be academic. I've looked at the NMP blog roll and their all good yet the same. Because this assignment has perimeters, none of these blogs can be truly unique and they all in the end, tend to become similar. This is not the units fault, this may be educations fault because there rules and guidelines for how one assess students, and this makes it awkward for a creative course. But back to my original point, how do you mark this. Will this post be even read, as it is not one of my assigned posts to read. Who knows (well you do).

Fuck, there we are. I'm swearing in an academic piece because thats my dream. I'm gambling on the fact that this post will not be read. Anyway, I hope this has not been taken as an attack on this unit, because honestly I consider this unit the best one I have done this semester, I have learnt the most from it, because realistically I doubt I would have 'blogged' or explored some of the new technology available on the web without it. And that's what uni is about isn't it, actually learning. People put so much importance on grades, that we forget that we pay to come here. We pay to better ourselves.

I'm curious if I offered someone a guaranteed HD in a unit, would they turn up and do any of the coursework at all, when did I stop wanting to learn and just adhere to a system. Look I'm going to go one for ages, but this is really one of the only posts I've enjoyed because I've actually expressed myself. So i'm going to give you something back, one of the most amusing Youtube videos I have seen. Its amazing how I utilise an amazingly informative resource like Youtube.

Anyway
Over and Out sport fans

0 comments:

Post a Comment